Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Basics


A Clean Canvas


Before you can even begin to think about applying makeup of any kind, you must remember to start with a clean, moisturized face.  If your skin is oily, your makeup will only appear shiny and slide all over the place!  If your skin is dry, your makeup will settle into dry areas and appear patchy and flaky.   I myself have combination/acne prone skin. I have been testing several products for my skin type over the past year, from high end to drugstore products, and have found myself madly in love with the Clean & Clear Advantage line for acne prone skin.  I use both a gel cleanser, which you can see on the left, and an exfoliating cream, which you can see on the right.  I have also been through several moisturizers as well, some of which I liked.  But none compared to the St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer.  It's light weight and full of moisture!  I haven't had a patch of dry skin in months now!  Find a face wash that is compatible with your skin type and be sure to wash, pat face dry with a clean towel, and apply moisturizer onto your entire face and neck.  Allow your skin to absorb the moisturizer (this usually takes about 5 minutes), and then you are ready to apply your makeup.


No comments:

Post a Comment